Obtain Caste Certificate in Delhi
Lower caste population is found in each and every State and UTs of India. In the post-Independence period, all the lower caste communities were grouped together as “Scheduled, Castes, Tribes and Other Backward caste”, under the Indian Constitution. Generally caste certificate is issued to those candidates who are belongs to these communities and eligible to have various opportunities and services which are offered by the Government of India.
Caste Certificate is usually obtain from the district Tehsildar office or from the Sub Divisional Magistrate. This form is can be obtain from these departments very easily without having any extra fees or charges. Here we are providing you the required documents list which is needed for obtaining the caste certificate in Delhi:
Required Documents/Enclosures to apply for caste certificate in Delhi
- First you are needed to fill an application form which has to be duly attested by any Gazetted Officers. The application form for availing the caste certificate can be obtained from the furnished link –http://www.delhi.gov.in/DoIT/ Revenue/Revenue%20PDFs/ SCOtherStateApplication.pdf
- Ration Card copy or other Proof of Residence such as driving licence, voter id card,electricity or telephone bill etc,..
- Birth Certificate or School leaving Certificate which states the accurate date of birth.
- If an applicant is illiterate then in that case an affidavit must be presented.
An affidavit which declaring the applicant’s name, father’s name, residential address, period of residence in Delhi.
- In case of a married woman, proof of residential address before marriage.
- Copy of Schedule Caste Certificate of father/brother/sister, if any.
- An affidavit which states that the above documents are correct. Why Is it Needed:
Why caste certificate is Needed
A Caste Certificate is the proof of one’s to a ‘Scheduled Caste, Tribe or Backward community.’, as per the specifications which is mentioned in the Indian Constitution. The Government felt that the Scheduled Caste or Tribe needs special encouragement and opportunities to progress at the same pace where the rest of the citizen are having it.
As it is said that these category applicants have the special facilities and other privileges, such as reservation of seats in the Legislatures and in the Government jobs, waiving off a whole part of the school and college fees, and quotas in educational institutions, relaxation of upper age limits for applying to certain jobs, etc.
Here we are providing you the complete procedure for applying the caste certificate in Delhi:
- If in case the applicant is a permanent resident of Delhi and having a copy of SC/ST certificate issued to any member of his family, and there will be general inquiry is conducted.
- If in case applicant’s family has been issued a certificate earlier, a local inquiry is conducted.
- If in case of a married woman, the local inquiry will be conducted at the place of residence prior to marriage, as well as at the place of residence after marriage.
Online Application Process to get caste certificate in Delhi
- First you need to fill up the Online application form.
- All the online applications can be submitted through online through this link http://districts.delhigovt.nic.in/choosedistrict.asp
- After that print the filled application form and the acknowledgement slip.
- Then you will be allotted a temporary number which will be printed on your application form and acknowledgement slip.
- Then you are required to send your printed application form and essential documents list to the concerned officer by registered post. You can check the details of subdivision/district using the furnished link http://districts.delhigovt.nic.in/findsdm.htm
- At the time of your received post along with the important documents then you will receive a unique 10 digit application number.
- When your document list will be completely ready, then you will be required to go to the concerned office to collect the same.