A Caste Certificate is the important proof of individual’s belonging to a particular caste, such as ‘Scheduled Castes Tribe, Or Other Backward Caste’, as it is already specified in the Indian Constitution. This initiative was implemented by the Indian Government with the great the opinion that the Scheduled Castes and Tribes are also deserves and need special encouragement and opportunities / privileges to progress at the same pace as the rest of the citizens have in terms of education and govt service etc,.
As the main part of the Indian system of Protective Discrimination, the various special privileges are allotted to these category of applicants, such as
- To reserves the seats in the Legislatures and in the Government Service,
- To waiving off a part or the whole part of the school, educational institute, college for admission.
- To have special quotas in educational institutions
To avail relaxation of upper age limits for applying to the govt. jobs, scholarships , etc.
If any citizen wish to avail these facilities and special privileges, then a citizen must belonging to a Scheduled Caste and must be in possession of a valid Caste Certificate which is issued by the local authorities such as :
- Sub Divisional Magistrate
- District Tehsildar Office
Eligibility Criteria to Avail the Caste Certificate in West Bengal
- If an applicant wants to obtain the caste certificate in his/her state then he/she must be a citizen of India.
- An applicant is must a permanent resident of West Bengal for a specific period of time..
- An applicant is a local resident at the address where he/she is currently residing.
- Applicant must belongs to the above mentioned community or caste / tribe.
- Applicant must show his/her identity.
- As per the rules of Government of India, a person belonging to the SC/ST category can only claim such benefits from the state he/she originates.
Process to Obtain the Certificate
As you all know that Caste Certificates has been issued to only SC/ST people in according to the provision of the West Bengal Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes Act, 1994 and the West Bengal SC and ST Rules, 1995. Here we are providing you some important points to know more about the online application procedure:
- First you are required to get the application form through online or from the local office of your City/Town/Village, of the Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM) office or department.
- And if your application is made online through the official website castcertificatewb.gov.in. then you will be able to download the application form copies and just need to fill it with the prescribed format and get an acknowledgement slip and receipt number.
- The application form must signed by the applicant and submitted safely along with the important documents.
- For this you will also need the recommendation letter which will be from the District Welfare Officer, Kolkata.
Here we are providing you the list of important documents which are needed at the time of obtaining the caste certificate in WB:
- Copy of Ration card or Voters ID-Card
- Copy of PAN Card
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Copy of Caste Certificate of parent(s)
- Any Government documents proving citizenship
- Copy of Land or land tax receipt.
- Any Govt. Document which states that you are the permanent resident.
- Rent receipt (if any)
- BPL Card.(if have)
- Recent paid Water,Telephone or Electricity Bill.
All the documents copies should be attested by any gazatted officer. There is no restriction of age for applying for a Caste Certificate and also there will be no fees will be charged from any applicant.
You can do various thing online which are following
Application for SC/ST/OBC Certificate: http://castcertificatewb.gov.in/jsp/application_module/application_sc_st.jsp
View Status Of Application: http://castcertificatewb.gov.in/jsp/searchapplication1.jsp?msg=STATUS
View Certificate Details: http://castcertificatewb.gov.in/jsp/search.jsp
Reprint Application/Acknowledgement Slip: http://castcertificatewb.gov.in/jsp/DuplicateApplication.jsp
Edit Application: http://castcertificatewb.gov.in/jsp/EditForApplicant.jsp